Release Notes 1.12.0 - Helix
Helix 1.12.0 is a free update that includes new fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations.
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE INSTALLING ANY NEW SOFTWARE!
- Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, etc.
- Use your CURRENT EXISTING Helix application to back up all of your presets and IRs. If you're running Helix FW 1.06 or 1.06.5, your current Helix application version should be 1.04. If you're running Helix FW 1.10, your current Helix application version should be 1.11.
- Quit the CURRENT EXISTING Helix application and download and install the NEW Helix editor (1.12.0), available here: [http://line6.com/software/](http://line6.com/software/) This also installs the newest version of Line 6 Updater (1.09).
- If you're using Helix Rack with Helix Control, turn off Helix Control.
- Using the new Line 6 Updater (1.09), update Helix (or Helix Rack) to the newest firmware (1.12.0). If you're using Helix Rack with Helix Control, after Helix Rack has been updated, connect and power on Helix Control, and it will update automatically.
- Using the latest Helix editor (1.12), restore all user presets and IRs.
- Compatibility with the full version of the Helix editor (1.12)
- A USB port driver issue within OS X El Capitan precluded certain computers (namely MacBook Pros and iMacs from mid-2012) from allowing communication between Helix and the Helix Editor. Note: You must update OS X to El Capitan 10.11.4 – FIXED
- Helix could not correctly respond to incoming MIDI CC #64 (Tap Tempo) – FIXED
- Helix could sometimes not correctly respond to incoming MIDI PC messages after exporting and then reimporting the same setlist – FIXED
- The Tuner screen's Output parameter would not remember its value across power cycles – FIXED
- Changing Input or Output types from the Controller Assign screen could sometimes automatically engage the Learn Controller button – FIXED
- Input > Multi and Input > Variax Tone parameter could sometimes maintain its value across presets, even when set to ‘Per Preset'
- Helix Rack's TAP/TUNER button was unresponsive while in Pedal Edit mode – FIXED
- Expression pedals with inverted polarity could cause Helix Rack to freeze when connected to Helix Control – FIXED
- If two footswitches' assignments are quick-swapped while in the Controller Assign screen, the most recent assignment could be removed – FIXED
- The Looper block's icon could incorrectly reflect its state after saving a preset – FIXED
- General stability improvements
- Many other minor bug fixes and optimizations
- After a Factory Reset, Global Settings > Ins/Outs > XLR Outputs level appears as Line level but is actually Mic level until you move the knob to "Mic" and back to "Line"
- On rare occasions, if Helix is disconnected from the computer within 10 seconds of shutting down the Helix editor, MIDI transmission may become inactive. Always wait 10 seconds after quitting the Helix editor before disconnecting. If you forget, power cycling Helix solves the issue.
- If you send MIDI CC #59 to Helix, it toggles the control between your bypass-assigned blocks for this switch, but the EXP 1 – EXP 2 Toe Switch strip label does not change states as it does when toggled via the on-board pedal.
Last updated: February 27, 2021