Helix v2.12.0 is a firmware update that includes fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update!
IMPORTANT! YOU *MUST* FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL 2.12!
1. Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, browsers, etc.
2. Use your CURRENT EXISTING Helix application to back up all of your presets and IRs (if you want to keep them). For example, if you’re running Helix FW 2.01, your current Helix application version should be 2.01.
NOTE: You may want to back up individual Setlists so you can restore them to empty setlists without affecting the 2.12 factory presets.
3. Quit the CURRENT EXISTING Helix
editor application and download and install the latest Helix
editor application (2.11), available here: http://line6.com/software/
This also installs the newest version of Line 6 Updater
4. If you’re using Helix Rack with Helix Control, turn off Helix Control.
5. Using the latest Line 6 Updater (1.10), update Helix/Helix Rack to the newest firmware (2.12). At the end of the update process, Helix/Helix Rack will reboot automatically and begin rebuilding presets. Wait for this process to complete.
6. If you’re using Helix Control with Helix Rack, connect and power on Helix Control. The inspector will ask if you want to update its firmware. Press Knob 6 (OK). Wait for the update to finish.
YOU MUST RESET GLOBALS AND RESTORE PRESETS, OTHERWISE HELIX 2.12 WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY. DO IT. DO IT NOW:
7. To reset globals and restore presets, turn off Helix/Helix Rack.
HELIX FLOOR ONLY: While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message “Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs…” to appear and let go.
HELIX RACK ONLY: While holding knobs 5 and 6 below the screen, turn on Helix Rack. Wait for the message “Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs…” to appear and let go.
8. Using the latest Helix editor application (2.11), restore the user presets you backed up in step 2.
– In rare cases, engaging one particular footswitch on one particular factory preset could result in full scale noise – FIXED
– In rare cases within certain presets, when Variax parameters are set per preset, the Variax Volume parameter could be inadvertently recalled at 0.0 – FIXED
– General stability improvements
– Other minor bug fixes and optimizations
– In very rare cases, corrupted presets containing a Volume/Pan > Volume Pedal block can cause volume to drop to 0%. In such cases, completely clear the Volume Pedal block and add again. If the same preset exhibits this behavior again, please contact Line 6 Customer Service and be ready to email us the raw preset so we can analyze it