Quick Bypass Assign
1. From the Home screen, use the joystick to select the block you wish to assign to a footswitch.
Input, Output, Split > Y, and Merge blocks cannot be assigned to footswitches. Split > A/B or Split > Crossover blocks can be assigned to a footswitch; when bypassed, they behave exactly like Split > Y.
2. Step on FS6 (MODE) to select Stomp mode (if not already there).
3. Touch and hold (but don’t press) the desired footswitch until the following dialog appears:
If you want to replace any other blocks that may already be assigned to the footswitch, turn Knob 4 (Assign) to "Replace." Otherwise, leave it set to "Merge," which allows for multiple blocks to be assigned to the same switch.
If you want to change the way the switch behaves, turn Knob 5 (Type) to "Momentary" or "Latching."
Momentary - The block is bypassed (or enabled, if already bypassed) for as long as you hold the switch.
Latching - The block is bypassed (or enabled, if already bypassed) every time you press the switch. This is the default.
4. Press Knob 6 (OK).
Manual Bypass Assign
The Bypass Assign screen is where you manually assign blocks to (and un-assign blocks from) Stomp mode footswitches.
1. Press MENU to open the Menu.
2. Press Knob 1 (Bypass Assign).
The Bypass Assign screen looks very similar to the Home screen:
3. Move the joystick to select the block you want to bypass from a footswitch.
Input, Output, Split > Y, and Merge blocks cannot be assigned to footswitches. Split > A/B or Split > Crossover blocks can be assigned when bypassed, they behave exactly like Split > Y.
4. Turn Knob 1 (Footswitch) to select footswitch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or Exp Toe.
Footswitch 1 and 7 can be assigned at any time, but they only appear if the Stomp Mode Switches option is set to "10 switches" (see "Global Settings > Footswitches"). Otherwise, FS1 and FS7 appear as BANK UP and BANK DOWN.
Adding a Volume Pedal, Pan, Wah, or Pitch Wham block automatically assigns it to "Exp Toe".
Each footswitch can have up to 8 assignments. If you attempt to add a ninth, "Can't assign any more blocks to this footswitch!" appears in the header:
Selecting any footswitch (other than Exp Toe) displays Knob 2 (Type):
5. Turn Knob 2 (Type) to select "Latching" or "Momentary."
- Momentary - The block is bypassed (or enabled, if already bypassed) for as long as you hold the switch.
- Latching - The block is bypassed (or enabled, if already bypassed) every time you press the switch. This is the default.
Footswitch type (momentary or latching) is determined per footswitch, not per assignment.
Customizing a Footswitch Label
1. From the Bypass Assign screen, use the joystick to select a block whose bypass is assigned to a footswitch and press Knob 6 (Customize). The Customize screen appears:
Move the joystick left or right to move the cursor.
Turn the joystick (or move it up/down) to change the selected character.
Press Knob 2 (Delete) to delete the selected character and shift all following characters to the left.
Press Knob 3 (Insert) to insert a space and shift all following characters to the right.
Press the joystick to cycle through A, a, 0, and [SPACE].
Press Knob 4 (Remove) to remove the custom label, after which the footswitch label displays its normal assignment. Remove is grayed out until a custom name is applied.
2. Press Knob 6 (OK).
Once any item has been assigned to a footswitch, touch and hold (but don't press) the footswitch, and a duplicate Customize button appears above Knob 5.
Footswitches can also be customized from the "Command Center" screen (or from within the Helix editor application!)
Customizing a Footswitch Color
1. From the Customize screen, turn Knob 5 (Switch LED) to select the desired color (or turn it off).
Normally, you should leave this set to "Auto Color."
2. Press Knob 1 (Cancel) or to exit.
If you want to change the location of Stomp mode footswitches (especially those with multiple items assigned or custom labels and LED ring colors), instead of manually reassigning everything, you can quickly swap all assignments between two footswitches.
1. Touch (but don't press) any two Stomp mode footswitches until the following dialog appears:
2. Press Knob 6 (OK).